This sexy speakeasy is masked as a candy shop in Dallas’s edgy Deep Ellum neighborhood. And while this area usually has a laid back vibe, Truth & Alibi attracts a more polished crowd.
» show more
» show less
WHAT to know
Best for: Groups, Couples
Average Line: 15-30 min
Music: Open Format
Attire: Casual, Trendy
WHEN to visit
Hours of Operation
9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
WHERE to go
NBHD: Deep Ellum
2618 Elm Street
Dallas, TX 75226
- Location: Truth and Alibi is located off freeway 75 at the Deep Ellum District.
- Truth and Alibi is disguised as a candy shop from the outside.
- You need a password (follow their Facebook) to get in.
- The place is rather small so arrive earlier.
- Drink Prices: Expect to pay $10-20 for cocktails and $9-$12 for wine. bottles start at $300.
- Best table location: The Main Room Stage Tables are the best tables in the house.
- Admission: Truth and Alibi does not have general admission. Only way in is with table or guest list / password. Password can be found on their Facebook page.
- When to go: Weekends are the best. Thursdays are still pretty good.
- Music Genre: Truth and Alibi features mostly open format. Old school on Saturdays; Hip Hop and Deep House on Thursdays.
- Parking: Valet is rather expensive so try to get there early and find street parking.
HOW to dress
Dress to impress! Collared shirt, jeans, dress shoes for men. Avoid anything that can be considered sportswear (e.g. track suits, jerseys, sneakers, hats).